This heart healthy, one-dish meal is made with lean top round beef, lots of vegetables, and a spicy, herb mixture.
|Serving Size||7 oz|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Top round beef||1 pound|
|Oregano||1 ½ teaspoon|
|Chili powder||½ teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1/8 teaspoon|
|Red-skinned potatoes, halved||8|
|Onion, finely chopped||3 cups|
|Beef broth||2 cups|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2 large|
|Carrots, peeled, cut into very thin 2 ½ inch strips||2 large|
|Mustard greens, kale, or turnip greens, stems removed, coarsely torn||2 bunches (½ pound each)|
|Nonstick spray coating, as needed |
- Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking.