|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||70% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Low sodium chicken broth||2 cups|
|White wine||½ cup|
|Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped||2|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 cup|
|Small onion, thinly sliced||1|
|Chopped fennel||1 cup|
|Dried thyme leaves||¼ teaspoon|
|Non-fat plain yogurt||4 teaspoons|
- In large pot, combine broth, water, wine, apples, carrots, onion, fennel, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes
- Strain soup, reserving liquid. Remove bay leaf from apple-vegetable mixture in strainer.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture; add reserved liquid and blend well.
- Reheat soup, if necessary. Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a dollop of yogurt if desired.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Produce for Better Health/Washington Apple Commission