|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||0% DV|
|Vitamin C||4% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 0.9
Ingredients and Preparation
|Quick-cooking oats||1 cup, divided|
|All-purpose flour||2½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped ripe pear||4 cups|
|Low-fat buttermilk||¾ cup|
|Light ricotta cheese||1/3 cup|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tablespoon|
|Large egg white||1 |
|Egg substitute||¼ cup|
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine ½ cup oats, flour, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pear, and make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (buttermilk through egg), and stir well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle ½ cup oats evenly over batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans immediately, and cool on a wire rack.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.