|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Blueberries, washed||1 cup|
|Blackberries, washed||1 cup|
|Rhubarb, diced||1 cup|
|Walnuts, chopped||½ cup|
|Packed brown sugar (topping)||¼ cup|
|Walnuts, chopped (topping)||½ cup|
|Ground cinnamon (topping)||½ teaspoon|
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine applesauce, egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to rack.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 2; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board