|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||20% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Winter squash sampler, mashed and cooked||2 cups|
|Brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Fat free milk||1 cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Unbleached white flour||½ cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pinch fresh grated nutmeg||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chopped chives||2 tablespoons|
|Cooking spray||3 sprays|
- Beat the squash with the brown sugar, milk and egg substitute until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir the dry ingredients into the squash mixture just until combined. Fold in the chives.
- Heat a griddle or heavy skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Drop the batter onto the hot skillet by heaping tablespoonfuls. Lightly oil a spatula and flatten the pancakes. When they are golden brown on the bottom, flip them.
- As they brown on the other side, transfer them to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the batter.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Jesse Ziff Cool for Melissa’s Variety Produce