|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||30% DV|
|Vitamin C||150% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
Spicy Low Fat Cucumber White Sauce Ingredients
|Green bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Red bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Yellow bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Sweet onion, diced||1/2 cup|
|Mushrooms, sliced||1/2 cup|
|Canola oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fat-free milk||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, finely grated||2 tablespoons|
|Cucumbers, diced||1/2 cup|
|Cayenne pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 teaspoon|
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and sweet onions until translucent and aromatic.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook thoroughly.
- Add all of the bell peppers and cook slightly. Be careful not to overcook or they will lose their crispness.
- Fill and roll the crepes.
- To make sauce, heat a medium-size pan over high heat. When hot, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the cucumbers and quickly sauté just to soften slightly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare white sauce by mixing together milk, cornstarch, parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- Cook slowly, over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until sauce is semi-thick and smooth.
- Add cucumbers and pour over prepared crepes.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Tom Fraker for Melissa’s Variety Produce