|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||40 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 3.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Yellow onion chopped||2 cups|
|Celery, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, roasted and minced||4 |
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch pieces||2 cups|
|Dried oregano||1 teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper flakes, crushed||½ teaspoon|
|Basil, chopped||6 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery; sauté until onions are golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and dried red pepper flakes; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, and all other ingredients except the basil; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups soup to blender; cool slightly, then puree until smooth.
- Return puree to pot with soup.
- Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon basil and serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Melissa’s Variety Produce