|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Water-packed artichoke hearts, finely chopped||¼ cup|
|Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped||¼ cup|
|Mozzarella, shredded||¼ cup|
|Fresh basil, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 + 2 teaspoons|
|Chicken breasts||2 (5-ounce)|
|Fresh ground pepper|
Save the remaining artichoke hearts for tomorrow’s lunch salad, or add to the side salad below.
- Place medium to large skillet over medium-high heat and add walnuts. Toast for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool slightly, and then chop into smaller pieces.
- Mix together artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, walnuts, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a small bowl.
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice deep pockets in the sides of the chicken breasts, making as much room for the stuffing as possible. (If you accidentally cut through to the side, seal with a toothpick after adding stuffing.)
- Stuff ½ of artichoke and sun-dried tomatoes mixture into each chicken breast.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
4.5 very lean meats; 1 medium fat meat substitute; 2 fats; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Arugula Salad
Mix 4 cups arugula salad with 2 tablespoons of toasted and roughly chopped walnuts, 1 sliced pear, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette. Top with 2 teaspoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 152 calories; 15 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 10 g fat (2 g sat); 3 g fiber; 42 mg sodium. Exchanges: 2 vegetables; 1 fruit; 2 fats.