Since 1987, the Biederman Cancer Treatment Center, located across from Munson Medical Center, has been delivering state-of-the-art radiation therapy to patients from throughout northern, lower Michigan. The highest quality and most effective radiation treatments are available. Under the guidance of radiation oncologists, physicians who are board certified by the American College of Radiology, consultations and treatments are provided to more than 800 patients each year. Biederman Cancer Treatment Center offers conformal therapy utilizing the newest radiation therapy equipment and treatments including:
• Brachytherapy (seed implant) – Internal irradiation using radioactive sources is available for the treatment of gynecological cancers, and offers another option in the outpatient treatment of prostate cancer.
• Conformal Radiotherapy Using Three-Dimensional Treatment Planning – Information obtained from CT simulation is turned into a three-dimensional image, which helps to localize the target area and identify surrounding normal healthy tissue for optimum and effective delivery of radiation treatment.
• CT Simulator – The first step in the radiation therapy process, which allows the radiation oncologist to determine the size and exact location of the area to be treated.
• IMPAC Record & Verify System – Offers computer-controlled treatment delivery.
• Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – Enhances our ability to minimize doses to normal surrounding tissue and organs while optimizing the dose to the tumor.
• Linear Accelerator with Multi-Leaf Collimation – A machine producing high energy x-rays and electrons, which are delivered to the precise location of the target. This is commonly known as external beam irradiation.
• Portal Vision Imaging – Allows accurate verification of patient position in the delivery of treatments.
• Stereotactic Radiosurgery – A powerful noninvasive radiosurgery system that opens up treatment options for some of the most complex cancers in areas such as the lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, brain and spine. TrueBeam STx technology was developed from its inception to deliver cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision.
Assistance is available to patients and family who require transportation and/or housing during their course of treatment.
For more information, call (231) 935-7100, 1-800-922-7150, or after hours (231) 935-5000. You can also email us at email@example.com.