it’s Time to Get Vaccinated for Flu Season
Where is the flu vaccine available?
- Area residents are encouraged to check with their physician’s office for availability of the flu vaccine.
- Some area retailers offer the vaccinations.
- Flu vaccine is available at the Grand Traverse Health Department, for more information call (231) 922-4831.
- Munson Urgent Care will offer the flu shot for adults and children 5 years of age and older on a walk-in basis seven days per week from 7 am - 10 pm while supplies last. Munson Urgent Care will bill insurance if the shot is a covered benefit. Munson Urgent Care is located at Munson Community Health Center, 550 Munson Ave. in Traverse City. For more information or for vaccine availability, call (231) 935-8686 and press 8.
- Bay Shore Pharmacy in Suttons Bay offers the flu shot Tues. - Fri., 1 - 4 pm, and other times by appointment. Bay Shore Pharmacy will bill insurance if the shot is a covered benefit. Bay Shore Pharmacy is located at 93 W. Fourth St., Ste. A in Suttons Bay, next to Hansen Foods. For more information, call (231) 271-6111.
Learn More About the Flu Vaccine
Contact your physician for flu vaccination information. For help finding a primary care physician, contact Munson HealthLink.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on the web at www.cdc.gov/flu
Visit the Grand Traverse County Health Department on the web at http://www.co.grand-traverse.mi.us/departments/health/Seasonal_Flu.htm