Intensive Outpatient with Housing Program is designed for those who want to live at the treatment center while pursuing full-time substance abuse treatment.
The Intensive Outpatient with Housing program located on the campus of Munson Medical Center in Traverse City includes a full day schedule, including confidential drug treatment and alcohol treatment seven days a week, all meals, family and individual counseling, and housing on site.
- Residential-style treatment with semi-private rooms
- Variable length of stay, usually 14 days
- Highly structured program with individual, family, and group confidential counseling
- Admission limited to 14 participants
- Uses the 12-step model
- Multidisciplinary care team includes medical director, nurse practitioner, social workers, certified addiction counselors, psychiatrist consultation, recreational staff, family therapists, and visiting specialists
- Education focuses on disease concept of addiction, co-dependency, family dynamics and relationships, relapse prevention, spirituality, sleep, hygiene, proper nutrition, medication management
- Participants establish a plan for ongoing drug rehab and alcohol rehab and recovery after the program
- Most insurance, Medicaid and state funding, and private pay accepted
- Payment plans are also available
We work with participants from throughout northern Michigan and beyond to stop the progression of their alcohol abuse and substance abuse and help them begin their own personal rehabilitation and recovery program. Participants reach these goals by:
- Gaining a higher awareness of alcohol abuse and drug dependency
- Developing personal insights into the process and progression of their disease
- Understanding the relationship between their disease and other life problems, including family relationships
- Understanding the alcohol relapse, drug relapse, and rehabilitation process and increasing the motivation for positive change
- Establishing a plan for ongoing rehabilitation and recovery after completing the program.
An individual, family member, or physician can make referrals to this outpatient drug treatment and outpatient alcohol treatment program. Referrals also come through the workplace, clergy, the judicial system, and other helping professionals in northern Michigan and beyond, from Brethren and Kalkaska to Grand Rapids and Holland. Payment program fees and financial arrangements will be discussed during the admission process. We accept most insurance companies, private payments, and Medicaid. State funding for the uninsured also may be available.
For a confidential conversation or more information, please call Munson Behavioral Health Services in Traverse City at (231) 935-6382
. Or, feel free to contact us
by email about prescription addiction, drug addiction, or alcohol addiction services.