In preparation for your visit with us, please be sure to review the instructions provided in the Patient Brochure. All patients will have some dietary restrictions, please review the following:
For Surgical Procedures:
- If you are arriving before 12:00 pm (noon) do not consume any food or drink after midnight.
- If you are arriving after 12:00 pm (noon) do not consume any food after midnight. Clear liquids (ex. coffee, tea without milk, apple juice, water) are OK until 6:00 am ONLY on the day of your procedure.
(Colonoscopy, EGD, Liver Biopsy) Procedures:
- Please follow instructions provided by your Physician's Office.
- Clear liquids (ex. apple juice, water) are acceptable 3 hours prior to arrival
- Breast milk is acceptable 4 hours prior to arrival
- Formula and/or milk is acceptable 6 hours prior to arrival.
- Solid food should not be consumed after midnight (for infants or children)
If you have any questions regarding your dietary instructions please contact your Physician's Office
- It is important that you bring a current list of your medications with you on the day of surgery/procedure, including dosage (ex. 75mg) and frequency (ex. 2 times a day).
Click here for a Medication List Form printout.
DIABETICS: Do not take any anti-diabetic medicine or Insulin the morning of your surgery/procedure. Please bring your insulin with you on the day of your surgery.
- Do not take any vitamin or herbal supplements within two weeks prior to your surgery/procedure.
- On the morning of your surgery/procedure, you should take your prescribed medications with a sip of water.
- Please bring your heat and blood pressure medicine (in their originally labeled containers) with you to the surgery center.
- If you use inhalers or a CPAP machine, please bring them with you.
- If you have a heart stent, continue taking your aspirin. If you take Plavix, follow your Physician's instructions regarding when to stop prior to your surgery or procedure.
- If you have a pacemaker or defibrillator, please bring your card with you on the day of your surgery/procedure.
- Wear comfortable clothing (ex. short sleeved shirt or undershirt)
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol 24 hours prior to your surgery/procedure.
- Be sure to bring your insurance card(s) and driver's license.
- Co-pays and deductibles are due at registration. Payments can be made by credit card, cash or payment arrangements may be made by calling out insurance verification specialist at (231) 392-8908.
- Waiting room space is limited. Please do not bring more than 2 people with you. One individual needs to remain at the facility during your stay. All patients must arrange for a responsible adult to stay in the center to drive you home. All patients are required to have someone stay with you until the next day.
- Wear your glasses instead of contacts. If you must wear contacts, please bring a case in which to store them in.
- If you have not received an arrival time from your Physician, please call the Surgery Center the day before your scheduled surgery/procedure, between the hours of 1:00-5:00 pm, to receive your arrival time. If your surgery/procedure is on a Monday, please call the Surgery Center on the Friday prior to your surgery/procedure for your arrival time.
- If you have any questions regarding your surgery/procedure please contact your Physician's Office.