- Verify correct FPM encounter has been opened by checking the Demographic
Banner for patient’s name, date of birth and FPM account number.
- Set Display to All Orders (All Statuses).
- If “All Orders (All Statuses)” is not viewable, click the drop down arrow and select “All Orders (All Statuses)” from the list provided.
- Right click appropriate future order and click Activate.
- If multiple orders are to be activated, click and drag through the orders and then right click and Activate.
- Orders will display as “Activate”.
- Review the order for correctness. If the wrong lab has been activated, right click and RESET the order to its original state and activate the correct lab.
- Click Orders for Signature.
- Click SIGN.
- Click REFRESH to update order status.
- Activation of Future orders creates a new O/P account number in STAR and in PowerChart. Order Activation will order the labs in SunQuest and still need to be received in SunQuest.
Printing the Amb EMR Order Requisition
The Amb EMR Order Requisition is an electronic version of the paper requisition. Scroll to the bottom of the requisition to view insurance information. Print this requisition when patient does not have requisition.
- Search for patient by last name, first name
- From Menu click Amb EMR Order Requisition
3. Click Print
Note: Once “Future, On Hold” orders have been activated such orders will no longer display on the Amb EMR Order Requisition.