Sign up for a chance to win up to $500 wellness dollars!
Who: All part time and full time employees of Munson Medical Center and their spouses
What: 10,000 steps a day (or as many as you can!) pedometer challenge
When: The challenge runs from April 7 - May 18.
Why: Have fun and improve health by burning calories, reducing stress, improving sleep, lowering blood pressure, and feeling better. Drawings for great prizes will be held each week.
Where: Walk anywhere - hallways, stairwells, outdoors, the mall, etc. Other exercise activity counts too. See details below.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
If you need to purchase a pedometer, myWellness has them available at the MMC Gift Shop during gift shop hours begining March 31st. You pay $10 for a $25 pedometer. A limited number of pedometers will be available for purchase. Once supplies are gone, no more will be ordered. Limit one pedometer per employee. Participants will need to find their own pedometers to participate.
Report your steps each week by 9 am Tuesday morning for the previous week for a chance to win great prizes.
Check the myWellness website weekly for prize winners.
• Two drawings will take place weekly. One will be a random drawing from all submissions. One will be a random drawing from all submissions with at least 70,000 steps for the week. Winners will select their choice of: 6 month myGym membership, 60-minute massage, or $50 gift certificate to MC Sports.
• A prize will be awarded for the most inspirational story. Tell us how Walk the Walk or myWellness has impacted your personal health. Email stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are due by May 18, 2014. Winner will receive a $150 gift certificate to the wellness vendor of their choice.
• A grand prize drawing will take place at the end of the challenge. To qualify, you must have participated and submitted steps during all six weeks of the challenge. The grand prize winner will receive a $500 gift certificate to the wellness vendor of their choice. Two additional winners will receive a $250 gift certificate to the wellness vendor of their choice.
Click Here for OFFICIAL RULES
Does exercise other than walking count? Absolutely! Use this conversion chart to convert your activity to steps. Aim for 2 hours and 30 minutes of activity a week.
- Try to be active for 30 minutes, five times a week.
- If you don’t have time for 30 minutes of activity, get moving for shorter 10-minute periods throughout the day. Walking for 10 minutes burns about 50 calories.
For questions, please contact Noranne Morin, RN at email@example.com or 935-7512.