Who: All part time and full time employees of Munson Medical Center and their spouses
What: 10,000 steps a day (or as many as you can!) pedometer challenge
When: Register by March 1. The challenge runs from March 4 - April 14.
Why: Have fun and improve health by burning calories, reducing stress, improving sleep, lowering blood pressure, and feeling better. Drawings for great prizes will be held each week.
Where: Walk anywhere - hallways, stairwells, outdoors, the mall, etc. Other exercise activity counts too. See details below.
REGISTER by MARCH 1, 2013
- Complete your myWellness Walk the Walk registration. Online registration opens Feb. 8 and closes at midnight March 1.
- Purchase a pedometer, if needed (you pay $10 for a $22 value) available at the MMC Gift Shop during gift shop hours and at MCHC at the desk of the Massage Therapy/Community Health office Walk the Walk begins 12:01 am March 4.
- Report your steps each week by 9 am Tuesday morning for the previous week for a chance to win great prizes.
- Check the myWellness website weekly for prize winners.
• Two drawings will take place weekly. One will be a random drawing from all submissions. One will be a random drawing from all submissions with at least 70,000 steps for the week.
• Three grand prize drawings will take place at the end of the challenge. To qualify, you must have participated and submitted steps during all six weeks of the challenge.
Does exercise other than walking count? Absolutely! Use this conversion chart to convert your activity to steps. Aim for 2 hours and 30 minutes of activity a week.
- Try to be active for 30 minutes, five times a week.
- If you don’t have time for 30 minutes of activity, get moving for shorter 10-minute periods throughout the day. Walking for 10 minutes burns about 50 calories.