Patient Liaison at Grayling Hospital

We want to provide you with the best possible patient care, and strive for excellence in every area of our hospital. We welcome all of your feedback – about what we're doing right and what we could do better.

If you have a comment, concern, question, or compliment, you may contact us before, during, or after your visit. We value your comments because they help us improve our services.

How to File a Complaint

If you are unhappy about something that occurred while you were visiting us, you can file a complaint with any hospital associate or by contacting us at 989-348-0405. We take complaints very seriously — all claims will be thoroughly investigated, and you will be given a written response to your complaint within seven business days. If your complaint requires a longer, more in-depth investigation, we will let you know that we need more time to respond to you.

How to File a Grievance

If you are not satisfied with the results of our investigation, you can file a formal grievance with Grayling Hospital. A grievance is a complaint that you feel hasn't been properly addressed by us, and you can request further review by the hospital's Grievance Council. Please note: You cannot file a grievance without first filing a complaint.

You can begin the grievance process by calling 989-348-0405. You will be asked to complete a Complaint Review Request. Once the council reviews your request, you will receive written notice of the resolution within one week. If the investigation of your claim takes longer than expected, you will receive progress updates.

If you have any questions about the process, please call us at 989-348-0405 or email

Additional Resources

If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to file a complaint with the Michigan Department of Community Health Bureau of Health Systems. A formal complaint involving safety or quality of care may be filed directly with:

Michigan Department of Community Health
Bureau of Health Systems
Division of Operations, Complaint Investigation Unit
PO Box 30664, Lansing, MI 48909

You also may contact the The Joint Commission with any safety or quality concerns. You can submit your complaint anonymously, or choose to identify yourself. You can report a patient safety event to the Joint Commission in the following ways:

  • At, using the “Report a Patient Safety Event” link in the “Action Center” on the home page of the website.
  • By fax to 630-792-5636.
  • By mail to The Office of Quality and Patient Safety (OQPS), The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181.

Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital’s Sterile Compounding Program is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Healthcare/Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board. Concerns about the safety or quality of compounded sterile preparations at Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital may be reported by calling (855) 937-2242.

Share Your Concerns

Please allow us to address your concerns by sharing the following information. Today's Date  *Your Name (First, Middle Initial, Last)  *Relationship to the Patient  *Patient Name (if different than yours) Phone Number  *Best Time to Call Address (Please include city, state, and zip code) Email Address  *Date of Service  *Please provide a brief description of your concerns.  *What would you like to see happen?  *