About Our Practice
At Kalkaska Medical Associates, we specialize in caring for the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of you and your family. Each of our physicians is trained to care for you through all stages of your life, from prenatal and pediatric care to long-term comprehensive care.
We manage common illnesses and complex problems for adults. All physicians on staff at Kalkaska Medical Associates are board certified, meeting the highest medical standards.
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
Our practice is recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. That means you can expect to be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion as we build a strong, trusting relationship with you. A medical home is a model of care that is team-based, coordinated, accessible, and committed to quality and safety. You are part of that team.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. We keep 30 percent of our appointment times open for same day scheduling as needed. To make an appointment, call 231-258-7777.
- Arrive early (10 minutes for a returning patient; 20 minutes for a new patient).
- If you must cancel or change your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible.
- If you are going to be late or miss your appointment, please call. If you are going to be more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to take a later appointment if one is available, or reschedule for another date and time.
- Bring a list of all medications, dosages, and directions to each appointment.
- Make a separate appointment for each family member.
After Hours: If you need to speak with a physician when the office is not open, call Kalkaska Memorial Health Center at 231-258-7500 and ask to be connected to the Kalkaska Medical Associate physician on call. One of our physicians is always available by phone.
Emergencies: Call 911
If you have a medical emergency, such as a stroke, heart attack, or difficulty breathing, call 911. EMS teams can begin life-saving treatment immediately as they transport you to the hospital.
Kalkaska Medical Associates follows federal HIPAA regulations pertaining to your protected health information.
Services and Procedures
- Acute and chronic disease management, including diabetes
- Acute injury evaluation and referrals
- Cancer screenings
- Employment physicals
- Inpatient, observation, and respite hospitalization services with Kalkaska Memorial Health Center
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Preventive medicine and flu shots
- Sports medicine and physicals
- Worker’s compensation evaluations
- Annual exams and physicals
- Prenatal, newborn and pediatric care, including immunizations
- Women’s health care
- Assisted living and long-term care settings
- Fractures and casts
- Minor surgical procedures
If necessary, your health care provider can refer you to a specialist who will work closely with our professionals to diagnose and treat your health care needs. Specialty clinics available at Kalkaska Memorial Health Center include:
- General Surgery
- Pulmonology/Sleep Disorders
- Women’s Health/Midwifery
Ask us about our patient portal. Refill prescriptions, view test results, ask questions, request appointments, all through the portal. Visit the website at nextmd.com.
Prescription refills are handled at routine visits. Prescriptions will cover the amount of medication you will need until you are seen again. If you run short of medication, call the office for refills during office hours. Requests take 48 hours to process, so please call before you are out of medicine and provide the following information:
- Patient name
- Date of birth
- Your telephone number
- Medication name, strength, and directions for use
- Pharmacy name
Methods of Payment
Payment is expected at the time of visit, including co-pays. Cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted. If you are unable to pay at the time of service, please tell the front office staff prior to your appointment and we will help you work out a payment plan.
We participate with most insurance companies, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Care Network, Priority Health, Preferred Choices, Medicare, Michigan Medicaid, and PPOM. Please check with your insurer before your office visit to determine your coverage. Remember – even if we bill your insurance company, deductibles, co-pays, or benefits not covered are your responsibility.