Safe, Trusted, and Here for You
Here for Your Health
If you’ve delayed care during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’re not alone.
About a third of us have missed routine appointments due to COVID-19 in the last year. That’s more than nine million lost check-ups and routine cancer screenings in the United States.
When it comes to preventative care, a lot of us procrastinate. But these tests are critically important to you and your family. The goal of check-ups and screenings is to lower your risk for any possible disease. Seeing your physician regularly can help identify potential health challenges early, so they can be treated before getting worse.
Examples of preventative care exams or screening tests include:
These tests will help you maintain the good habits you already have or develop a plan to get your health back on track.
Preventative care is especially important for those with a family history. Routine screenings like these can detect some early-stage cancers and other long-term health problems like heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Your Care Can’t Wait
Now’s the time to schedule an appointment with your family doctor or primary care physician. Whether it’s your annual check-up, a routine screening, or if you’re just not feeling like yourself, Munson Healthcare is here for you.
If you’re due for a screening, ask your physician which tests he or she recommends. Your doctor can explain what’s involved so you can choose based on your personal preference and health history.
And don’t forget to find out which tests are covered by your insurance plan. Most screenings are covered depending on your age, gender, and family history. Keep in mind preventative care may reduce future health care costs by finding potential concerns early – before they require more significant treatment.
If you’re not covered by a health insurance plan, Munson Healthcare primary care practices and clinic locations can connect you with financial assistance resources.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Munson Healthcare doctors, nurses, and medical specialists are here for you across 11,000 square miles of northern Michigan. Ready to help you feel your best for whatever comes next.
Contact your doctor or primary care physician to schedule your annual exam or screening appointment. If you don’t have a family doctor, call Munson Healthcare Find-a-Doctor at 231-935-5886 or FindADoctor@mhc.net. Our team will help you find a physician nearby.
If you have immediate questions about your health, and you aren’t sure where to turn, call Munson Healthcare Ask-a-Nurse at 231-935-0951. Our nurses are answering health questions daily from 7 am to 11 pm at no charge to you.
We hope to see you soon.
Our Commitment to Keeping You Healthy and Safe
Your health and safety mean more to you than ever before. We understand that more than anyone because the health and safety of our communities have always been our top priority at Munson Healthcare – long before COVID-19. Our commitment to your health and safety has never changed. But it has evolved.
Providing you with the highest standard of safe and effective patient care means continuously expanding the way we deliver healthcare. The recent health pandemic has charged us to implement new initiatives in safe patient care, while still providing you with the same compassionate, reliable, leading-edge care you trust. Our doctors and caregivers are taking all the necessary precautions to keep you safe and prevent the spread of infection.
Don't Delay Care
You don’t have to choose between your health and your safety. At Munson Healthcare, we’re here for you, restoring you back to your very best while keeping you safe.
Whether you require advanced medical care, have a medical concern, or it’s time for a routine screening or check-up, we’re ready to see you in a safe, clean setting that meets both your healthcare needs and comfort level.
However you receive care, we want to help you be and stay at your healthiest so you can start to feel like you again. Make sure to ask us about all the ways we are working to keep our patients healthy and safe during COVID-19.
And remember: Emergencies of any kind shouldn't stay home. Heart attacks, stroke, and other emergencies don't pause during crises like COVID-19. Don't ignore the warning signs – Call 911 immediately to get medical attention for what could be a life-threatening emergency.
Putting Your Safety First
Please be reassured that you can see your doctor and receive care safely during COVID-19. We are here for you to treat your medical needs with the same level of outstanding care as always. To keep our patients safe, we’ve expanded our safety precautions to ensure safe and effective patient care.
Here’s what you can expect at all Munson Healthcare facilities:
- Cleanliness. We are regularly and thoroughly disinfecting all facilities, with special attention to higher-traffic areas. Every individual is also required to wash his/her hands or use alcohol sanitizer before entering and leaving any rooms.
- Screenings Upon Arrival. Every patient, visitor, and employee is screened for COVID-19 before entering any of our facilities. Our screenings ensure that those who may be sick with COVID-19 are re-routed to a safe secure place, either back home or in an isolated unit designated solely for COVID-19 patients.
- Social Distancing. We have strict visitor restrictions in place to prevent crowding as well as new protocols in place to honor social distancing. When you walk into any Munson Healthcare facility, clear and ample signage serves as a strong visual reminder to keep a 6-foot or more distance from others to help prevent the spread of infection.
- Enforced Masking Policy. Please see our visitor policy for more information on when to mask and what types of masks are allowed.
- PPE-Equipped Staff. Every employee and provider has been specially trained in the proper use of personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves to ensure your safety.
- Virtual Visits. We offer a Virtual Visit option so patients can receive the care they need from the comfort of home.
- Trusted Guidance. We regularly monitor the latest guidance from trusted sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Michigan.gov. We're continuously adapting our policies and procedures to protect both our patients and our healthcare team.
Commonly Asked Questions and Concerns
What has it been like in our hospitals during COVID-19?
While we’ve treated a number of COVID-19 patients, the majority of the patients we’ve seen in the past several months have been due to urgent medical needs such as heart conditions, strokes, or other emergencies as well as routine check-ups and important screenings – and of course, we’ve continued to welcome moms and deliver babies as well.
What if another patient or visitor refuses to wear a mask, putting others at risk?
All patients and the very limited number of visitors we do allow on a special-case basis are required to wear Munson Healthcare-issued masks at all times. Personal masks may be worn under or over the Munson Healthcare mask if a visitor prefers. To ensure the safety of all patients and staff, anyone unwilling to wear a Munson Healthcare mask will not be allowed to enter. Learn more about our Visitation Restrictions.