Not sleeping well? You’re not alone. Almost half of all Americans suffer from some type of sleep-related disorder. Sleep-related health issues range from high blood pressure, to heart problems, to an inability to lose weight. Sleep disorders add nearly $16 billion a year to national health care costs.
Sleep-related health issues range from
high blood pressure to hearth problems.
The good news is that most sleep problems can be successfully diagnosed and treated.
Munson Healthcare’s Sleep Disorders Center offers consultation, sleep studies, treatment, and follow-up care for a full range of sleep disorders, including:
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Insomnia — difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Narcolepsy — sudden, uncontrollable deep sleep
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleep apnea — temporary lack of breathing
Daytime alertness assessments to comply with Federal Aviation Association and Department of Transportation regulations are also performed.
Why Choose Munson’s Sleep Disorders Center?
Munson’s comprehensive program offers you a number of advantages. First, it provides quality care you can trust. Munson’s Sleep Disorders Center is one of only a few sleep programs in northern Michigan accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). Partner facilities also comply with all AASM standards.
- Six sleep specialists, including a pediatric sleep specialist — all diplomats of the American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Registered technologists and respiratory therapists
- State-of-the-art sleep technology
- Complete continuum of care, including diagnosis, management, and follow-up
- 24-hour availability to accommodate shift workers
- Multiple locations for patient convenience