Munson Healthcare Great Lakes Plastic Surgery & Skin Center
About Munson Healthcare Great Lakes Plastic Surgery
Munson Healthcare Great Lakes Plastic Surgery and Skin Center is the trusted choice for comprehensive cosmetic and reconstructive surgical services in northern Michigan. From surgical procedures to skin care products, we offer the entire spectrum of enhancement techniques using the latest technology and products.
Learn More About Us
Our experienced team performs a wide range of cosmetic procedures to help patients achieve their desired results.
- Facial rejuvenation: Therapies such as microdermabrasion, dermal fillers coupled with Botox or Dysport, and laser treatments, can reduce the signs of aging. Surgical options include face, eyelid, and neck lifts.
- Skin resurfacing: As we age, skin can become irregular, thickened in some areas and thinner in others, with various imperfections such as red or brown spots, wrinkles, etc. Our resurfacing techniques can improve the look and texture of skin.
- Fat transfer: Enjoy a more youthful face without a face lift! Our team is able to transfer fat from a part of the body where you don’t want it into wrinkles and volume-depleted areas of the face to create a more youthful appearance.
- Facial plastic surgery: From re-contouring a nose, to repairing prominent ears, to enhancing a chin, Dr. Smith is skilled in helping patients achieve the look they desire through plastic surgery.
- Skin removal: For people who’ve lost a large amount of weight only to be left with excess skin, we can resculpt your body to eliminate sagging.
- Tummy tuck: Our “Mommy Makeover” can be a great post-pregnancy solution for the midsection, whether your baby is 3 or 30.
- Liposuction: For those who can’t seem to lose the paunch, love handles, or thighs despite diet and exercise, liposuction is a simple and effective way to trim off that last little bit of extra fat.
We offer life-enhancing reconstructive surgery procedures to help patients get back to feeling and looking like themselves after illness, injury, or life changes.
- Breast reconstruction: The goal of breast reconstruction is to restore one or both breasts to near normal shape, appearance, symmetry, and size following mastectomy, lumpectomy, or other trauma. Depending on the patient’s needs and goals, reconstruction can be achieved using either the patient’s own tissue or implants to create a natural look.
- Tissue expansion: Tissue expansion is a technique used to enlarge an area of skin for use in reconstruction. It can be performed on any part of the body, though it’s most often used for breast reconstruction prior to insertion of a breast implant.
- Excess skin removal: Some individuals may be left with excess skin after significant weight loss. Surgical removal of this extra tissue can improve your confidence and your figure.
- Scar revision: Dr. Smith has devoted many years to perfecting methods for scar revision. You don’t have to live with unsightly reminders of past experiences.
Dr. Smith is known for his breast work, producing results with natural shape, drape, and movement. Whether it’s making breasts larger, smaller, or higher in the chest wall, his expertise is sought by patients all over the state.
- Breast augmentation: Breast enhancements, when done correctly, create a more youthful and alluring silhouette.
- Breast reduction: Many people with large breasts suffer with back, neck, and shoulder pain, as well as rashes under the breasts. Breast reduction surgery can help! Dr. Smith can skillfully minimize and lift the breasts to create a more pleasing silhouette, while eliminating the discomfort caused by large breasts. Many men are unhappy with large breasts or “man boobs.” Dr. Smith treats excess breast tissue in men using a variety of techniques, including liposuction and tissue removal.
Our office offers hand procedures, including carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger release, as well as repair of traumatic hand injuries.
Skin Cancer Treatment
Skin cancer treatment may involve laser modalities, surgical excision of the cancerous area, or a combination of therapies.
Click here to log into your Great Lakes Plastic Surgery & Skin Center patient portal.