Health Questions? Ask-A-Nurse
Get FREE expert health information from a registered nurse. When you have symptoms or you're just not sure.
Available 24 hours a day, every day, to residents and visitors in Michigan. No insurance required. Call 231-935-0951 or submit a general health question.
Common Questions About the Munson Healthcare Ask-A-Nurse Hotline
Can I talk to a nurse if I am visiting northern Michigan on vacation?
Yes, the Ask-A-Nurse hotline is available to everyone in Michigan, free of charge.
Can I use the Ask-A-Nurse hotline if I already have a primary care provider?
Yes, the Ask-A-Nurse hotline is available to everyone regardless of whether you have an established primary care provider. Nurses can also help you find a Munson Healthcare provider.
What If I Suspect That I Need Emergency Care?
Call 9-1-1 immediately.
Can I call anytime I have a health question?
Yes – you can call our Ask-A-Nurse hotline anytime you have a health-related question.
Can I call to ask questions about somebody else, such as my elderly parents?
We welcome any health-related question, including questions you have about kids, parents, and other loved ones.
Get Health Information When...
Your Child is Sick
- My child is running a temperature. Should I be concerned?
- What’s the difference between common cold and COVID-19?
- What are the symptoms of a teething baby?
- Does my child have an ear infection?
Your Adventure Takes a Wrong Turn
- Where’s the closest place for medical care?
- When should a rash be seen by a doctor?
- How do I know if my ankle is strained or sprained?
You Have Healthcare Questions
- Can I get sick with the Delta variant if I already had COVID-19?
- I think I might have COVID-19. What should I do?
- Are heart palpitations dangerous?
- Is it normal to have a headache after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Should I see my doctor?
- Concerned about side effects?
- When is a headache a migraine?
Where to Go for Care
Your Munson Healthcare family doctor, pediatrician, or internist (also known as a primary care provider) is your main medical home.
Munson Healthcare Urgent Care or Walk-in Clinics help fill a vital gap when you become sick or injured, but your regular doctor is not available.
The emergency room (ER) is meant only for serious illness and injury.
Sign Up for the Munson Connection newsletter to stay updated on the latest health trends and get expert tips for living your best life.