Munson Healthcare Pandemic Response
Pandemic Response Level: Yellow
Last updated March 17, 2022
Munson Healthcare is currently in pandemic response level “Yellow.”
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made essential decisions in an effort to slow the spread of this disease. Cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are on a decline nationwide, as well as in the state of Michigan. Because of this, we have moved to pandemic response level "Yellow.”
We are still experiencing steady COVID-19 cases in Michigan and in the Munson Healthcare service region and will continue to prioritize the care of our COVID-19 patients.
The following measures are in place as a part of our pandemic response plan:
- Pandemic-related care continues to be prioritized. This provides the flexibility to pause some services and assess non-urgent surgeries on a case-by-case basis. We’re also able to shift staff and resources to ensure continued delivery of our most essential care.
- Outpatient clinics and labs are open, but hours may fluctuate. Services may also be scaled back if we need to adjust resources. Munson Healthcare Virtual Visits will continue to be available.
- Our visitation policy will expand with our move to “Yellow,” starting Monday, March 21, 2022. This policy is always subject to change based on community positivity rate and hospital patient volume.
- Our hospitals and clinics are open, safe and ready to assist your healthcare needs. If you have any medical questions or need help finding a provider, call our Ask-A-Nurse line for free at 231-935-0951 from 7 am-11 pm 7 days a week.
How You Can Help
Our communities have always supported our healthcare heroes. We ask you to band together with us and take just a few simple ACTions:
- Get your COVID-19 vaccination at your earliest opportunity
- Wear a mask in public indoor and crowded outdoor spaces
- Practice proper hand hygiene
- Avoid large gatherings when possible
- Continue your regular screening and preventive care schedule
If you haven’t yet received your COVID-19 vaccine, we hope you’ll schedule a first dose. Together, we can help reduce our positivity rate, protect our neighbors, and allow our hospitals and healthcare facilities to resume normal operations.
Thank you for your past and continued support of our incredible healthcare team.