- 12/9/22: The CDC has expanded use of the updated boosters for children 6 months and older
- 9/2/22: Two updated boosters formulated to better protect against variants are now available. The CDC recommends the updated boosters for all people ages 5 and up who are eligible for a booster
COVID-19 Information and Resources
COVID-19 is likely here to stay, including here in northern Michigan. We’re here for you with all the resources you need to prevent severe symptoms and the potential for hospitalization.
What to do if you've been exposed or test positive
Munson Healthcare follows CDC guidelines for isolation and other actions when testing positive for COVID-19. Please check their recommendations below.
What to do if you have symptoms
Not feeling well and think you might have COVID-19? We’re here for you with convenient care options, including our free Ask-A-Nurse line, safe in-person care, and virtual visits.
If you experience any of these more severe and potentially life-threatening symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
COVID-19 emergency warning signs (click to open):
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to stay awake or wake up
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
- Any other alarming symptoms causing you concern
Get help for mild-to-moderate COVID-19
If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, stay home and call your primary care provider right away so you can receive the right medical advice and treatment for your diagnosis.
The most common mild-to-moderate COVID-19 symptoms include (click to open):
- Fever or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
*This list is not all-inclusive. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
Have immediate questions or concerns about mild-to-moderate COVID-19 symptoms?
Is it COVID-19 or the flu?
COVID-19 and the flu share many similar symptoms – but there are some important differences, including how these infections are each treated.
Relief from Long COVID symptoms
Do you have lingering symptoms following a COVID-19 infection? Munson Healthcare is here for you with a variety of supports, including a monthly online support group and long-term ReCOVery through our Mary Free Bed at Munson Healthcare rehabilitation team.
Get the latest COVID-19 vaccine FAQs here. For COVID-19 and other important health updates affecting our region, follow Munson Healthcare on Facebook and sign up to receive our newsletter for the latest news.
More from Munson Healthcare: