COVID-19 is spreading throughout our communities, including the more contagious Delta variant. As of November 9, 2021, the community positivity rate in northern Michigan is 22%, which is higher than the state overall and nearing the highest it’s been at any point during the pandemic.
And even with vaccines, we can’t let our guard down. Every time you Avoid COVID-19 Today (ACT), you make an extraordinary impact. Hospital beds stay open for emergencies. Our healthcare heroes stay healthy so they’re here when you need them. Lives are saved, and our community is safer.
The sacrifice is small compared to the impact. We need you, northern Michigan. Are you in? Let’s continue to ACT by taking these steps to slow the spread:
If you think you or a loved one has been exposed:
- Get tested right away if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Click here to see testing options. NOTE: Emergency Departments are not locations for COVID-19 testing and are meant for immediate medical emergencies.
- Get tested 3-5 days after exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days after exposure or until they receive a negative test result.
- Isolate if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 10 days or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Keep a safe distance (6 or more feet) from people outside your immediate household.
- Continue to wash your hands frequently (or use hand sanitizer with 60% or more alcohol).
- Follow your doctor’s trusted advice and get recommended appointments, screenings, and treatments to ensure you’re at your healthiest.
Your COVID-19 Questions
If you have general health-related questions, including questions about COVID-19, call 231-935-0951 to access our Munson Healthcare Ask-a-Nurse line. Registered nurses are available from 7 am-11 pm daily for FREE expert health information. No insurance required.
COVID-19 Vaccines Protect You and Your Loved Ones
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and proven to be one of the most powerful ways to prevent COVID-19 and/or reduce its severity. There are many location options to receive both the adult and pediatric COVID-19 vaccination. For locations or more information, click here or visit your local health department’s website, listed below, for their COVID-19 vaccine scheduling options. If you have barriers to internet access or other constraints, please call 2-1-1 (the referral line for health and human services resources) or the Aging Hotline at 231-715-5557.
Help Build Herd Immunity
Even with vaccines helping to build herd immunity, we can’t let our guard down yet. Until we have about 70% of our population vaccinated, we still need to be cautious and use all of our available tools.
How We're Keeping You Safe
Your health and safety mean more to you than ever before. We understand that more than anyone because the health and safety of our communities have always been our top priority at Munson Healthcare – long before COVID-19.
Our commitment to your health and safety has never changed. But it has evolved. Our doctors and caregivers are taking all the necessary precautions to keep you safe and prevent the spread of infection.
Be a Hero
Visitation policies are updated as necessary and are designed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. But that doesn’t mean they can’t have our well wishes! Send a kind word to let our patients and help keep their spirits up!
For Healthcare Heroes
Are you interested in sending a caring message to the healthcare team? Our hardworking Munson Healthcare Heroes appreciate all your encouraging words. Send some gratitude their way!
We will continue providing regular updates on our website about the fight against COVID-19 in northern Michigan. Follow Munson Healthcare on Facebook and sign up to receive our newsletter for the latest news.
If you have general health-related questions about COVID-19, call 231-935-0951 to access our Munson Healthcare Ask-a-Nurse line. Or you can call the State of Michigan new coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline at 1-888-535-6136. For even more resources, visit: